Margin Trading Facility
Geojit Financial Services Ltd. offers Margin Trading Funding facility to all customers under the scheme of Margin Funding approved by SEBI.
Key features of the scheme are as follows:
- Easy and prompt account opening formalities
- No processing fees
- Margin funding of up to 50% of the purchase value
- Shares purchased are credited to customers’ Demat account maintained specifically for the purpose of Margin Trading.
- Bonus, and Rights are also directly credited to the customers said Demat account. Similarly dividend shall be credited to the bank account stated in the said Demat account.
- Margin calls are made if there is fall of 10% in the Margin Funded Portfolio. Margins can be replenished by cheque or by transferring funds from Normal Trading account.
- Liquidation will occur if margins are not topped up on a 20% fall in the Margin Funded Portfolio. In such an event liquidation will be at the lenders discretion.
- This is a product to facilitate investments for short term. Interest is charged on monthly rests at the rate of 1.66% per month.
- Purchases can be made only against clear funds
- We provide Margin Funding only for scrips traded at the NSE only.
- Margin Ratio: 50:50
- Maintenance margin/ Call Margin: 40 %
- Liquidation Margin: 30 %
Currently, customers who have an online / offline trading account with Geojit Financial Services can avail the Margin Trading Funding facility. Clients desirous of registering for Margin Trading Funding Scheme are required to complete / provide the documents given below. Rs.300/- is recovered towards Agreement and documentation charges for opening the Margin Trading Funding Account.
- Margin Trading Agreement
- Separate Demat account to be opened for the purpose (standard demat charges shall apply)
- POA to be issued in favor of Geojit Financial Services Ltd. to operate the said Demat account.
- Authorization to Geojit’ DP to debit Demat account for shares sold
- Undertaking that MTFS has been availed of from only one broker
- Authorization letter to transfer funds from/to MTF ledger
For further details Please call Toll-Free Number
: 1800-425-5501 / 1800-103-5501 or Paid Number
: 91 - 0484 - 3911777 or click here